Home Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
Away Team: Brooklyn Nets
Location: Cleveland, OH
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena
When is Game Time? 7:00 PM ET – 10/24/2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers (0-3) host the Brooklyn Nets (1-2) on Wednesday. Tonight’s matchup will be the first time that these two teams face-off this season.
Cleveland Cavaliers Preview
Cleveland is looking to snap a three game losing-streak after losing their last game to the Atlanta Hawks, 133-111. They enter this contest with a 0-3 record in their last ten games and are 0-1 in their last ten home games.
Kevin Love went off with a double-double in his last game, against the Hawks. In 33 minutes, he collected sixteen points, seventeen rebounds, three assists and one steal with three turnovers, on his way to 40.9 fantasy points. Love shot 6 for 19 in the game, hitting 31.6% of his attempts from the field (3/4 on free throws, 1/8 from three-point range). He had a player efficiency rating of 17 in this matchup, a defensive rating of 118.4, an offensive rating totaling 91.1 and shot a 38.5% true-shooting percentage.
Brooklyn Nets Preview
Brooklyn will try to halt a one game losing-streak after losing their last game to the Indiana Pacers, 132-112. They enter this contest with a 1-2 record in their last ten games and are 0-2 in their last ten away games.
In the Nets’ last game against the Pacers, Caris LeVert contributed heavily and scored 33.3 fantasy points. He contributed with nineteen points, four rebounds, three assists, two steals and one block with four turnovers in 27 minutes. LeVert made 88.9% of his attempts from the field, scoring on 8-of-9 shots (1/2 on free throws, 2/3 from three-point range). His player efficiency rating was 21 in this matchup, and he shot a 96.2% true-shooting percentage. Defensively, he achieved a rating of 124.3 and hit a 124.7 offensive rating.
Season Series & Upcoming Games
The next time that these two teams will meet will be on Monday, December 3rd, in Brooklyn. The game is scheduled to air on . Cleveland faces the Detroit Pistons in their next game on Wednesday, October 24th on FS-DET. Brooklyn’s next game is on Friday, October 26th against the New Orleans Pelicans on FS-NO.
Cavaliers Star Watch
Kevin Love is the top player for the Cleveland Cavaliers with 41.9 fantasy points per night. Love has a season stat line of 20.7 points, 14.3 rebounds, 4 assists, 0.3 steals and 1.7 threes with 3 turnovers, in 35.7 minutes a game. Cedi Osman has been playing at a high-level across the board. In 35.7 minutes per game, Osman has averaged 17 points, 5.3 rebounds, 5.3 assists, 1.3 steals, 0.3 blocks and 2.7 threes with 3.7 turnovers, adding up to a total 32.7 fantasy points per game.
Nets Star Watch
Caris LeVert is the Brooklyn Nets’ best fantasy player, accumulating 37.6 fantasy points a game. In 31.3 minutes, LeVert has averaged 24.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 0.7 blocks and 1.3 threes with 3.7 turnovers.
Cavaliers: Did You Know?
- The Cavaliers have a substantial advantage in second chance points per game, averaging 19 second chance points against opponents while only allowing 11.3 second chance points per game; a 68% advantage.
- The Cavaliers have a substantial advantage in offensive rebounds per game, averaging 14 offensive rebounds against opponents while only allowing 8.7 offensive rebounds per game; a 61% advantage.
- The Cavaliers need to improve in blocks per game. They give up 7 blocks per game while averaging only 1.3 blocks.
Nets: Did You Know?
- As a team, the Nets collect 5.7 blocks per game, which is a 55% advantage over opponents they’ve faced. Their opponents this season have averaged 3.7 blocks per game for a 2 differential.
- The Nets get 6.3 more assists per game than their opponents this season (25 vs 18.7 assists; a 34% advantage).
- The Nets need to improve in points off of turnovers per game. They give up 28.3 points off of turnovers per game while averaging only 10.3 points off of turnovers.
- 112.7 14.3 13.3 47.3 19 41.3 47 14 33 22 4.7 1.3 16 41.7 / 92.3 33.3 / 69.3 8.3 / 23 21 / 27.3 114.7 24.7 23.7 2
- PTS FASTBREAK PTS PTS OFF TOs PTS IN PAINT 2ND CHANCE PTS BENCH PTS REB OFF REB DEF REB AST STL BLK TO FGM / FGA 2PM / 2PA 3PM / 3PA FTM / FTA EFF FOULS FOULS DRAWN OFF FOULS
- 106.3 11.3 10.3 51.3 14.3 38 44.7 8.7 36 25 5.7 5.7 20.3 39.3 / 81 28.3 / 49.7 11 / 31.3 16.7 / 22.7 119.3 21.3 19 3.3