The Orlando Magic celebrated Nikola Vucevic’s All-Star berth. Now they try to get back into the Playoff race with a third chance against the Brooklyn Nets.
Brooklyn Nets (28-25) vs. Orlando Magic (20-31)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FOX Sports Florida
WATCH MAGIC-NETS ON FUBO TV
Line: Magic by 2
Tickets: $11-$286 on Vivid Seats
2019 Season Series: Nets 117, Magic 115 in Orlando on Jan. 18; Nets 114, Magic 110 in Brooklyn on Jan. 23; Tonight in Orlando
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
1) Nikola Vucevic was still putting into words what it meant for him to be named a NBA All-Star, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes. It was a moment worth celebrating for the Orlando Magic, Josh Robbins of The Athletic writes.
2) Nikola Vucevic got the All-Star recognition he has earned from his teammates and from his hard work. It was vindication for Vucevic after years of toiling in anonymity, Luke Duffy of Hoops Habit writes.
3) Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel wonders if the Orlando Magic would trade Nikola Vucevic now that he is an All-Star and risk having him play the game in another team’s uniform.
4) D’Angelo Russell was selected as a replacement for Victor Oladipo in the Eastern Conference All-Star pool.
5) Steve Clifford is making a positive impact on the Orlando Magic, John Black writes.
6) Orlando Magic fans must remain patient with Mohamed Bamba, Muhamed Jumani writes.
7) The Orlando Magic’s trade position remains an intriguing one both for the expiring contracts of Terrence Ross and Nikola Vucevic but also the hypothetical Aaron Gordon offers that may yet come, Zach Lowe of ESPN writes.
8) James Herbert of CBS Sports does not understand why there are not more rumors circling around D’Angelo Russell and Aaron Gordon, two valuable players flying completely under the radar.
9) Aaron Goldstone of Orlando Pinstriped Post devises trades for Terrence Ross to play for a contender.
10) Are the Orlando Magic ready to be sellers at the trade deadline? The latest rumors suggest they might.
11) The Orlando Magic ended a losing streak to the Indiana Pacers on Thursday and hope to end another one Saturday against the Brooklyn Nets, Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
12) Victor Oladipo’s second All-Star selection this time with Nikola Vucevic has brought up a round of what-ifs from the Orlando Magic and their time together, Scott Agness of The Athletic writes.
13) The Orlando Magic are fading in the Playoff race and their play in close games is part of the reason.
14) Joe Harris snapped his mini-slump in a bit of positive news coming out of Thursday’s Brooklyn Nets loss to the San Antonio Spurs, Phil Watson of Nothin’ But Nets writes. Michael Scotto of The Athletic describes how Joe Harris became more than just a Kyle Korver-type.
15) Coach Steve Clifford called out his Orlando Magic team earlier this week and now this is the team’s last stand to make a Playoff push.
16) The Orlando Magic might very well be the team we thought they were at the beginning of the season.